Shelly Thome, LPC, CCTP, CCTSI, has over 20 years of experience working in high school education as both as a social worker and counselor. Currently, she serves as Exceptional Student Services Manager and Counselor Liaison for West-MEC. In this role her focus is on both career technical education and implementing intervention strategies to enable student success. She has also had the opportunity to provide presentations and advocacy for instructors and counselors who work with special education students through West-MEC, ACTEAZ Premier Series and in collaboration with Arizona Department of Education. Shelly is passionate about intervention and retention for all students.
Events this person is involved with:
- More Than Sad - Suicide Awareness - September 17, 2020 (Online Class)
- More Than Sad - Suicide Awareness - August 10, 2020 (Online Class)
- More Than Sad - Suicide Awareness - March 26, 2021
- Youth Mental Health First Aid- Friday, November 13, 2020
- Supporting Students and Community During Grief - February 22, 2021